Preparing for the Adult Graduation Program
Below is a list of resources for students needing to upgrade their skills in preparation for the ADULT GRADUATION PROGRAM. These links and resources will be changing and added to as more information becomes available.
ADULT BASIC EDUCATIONThe Okanagan College provides many programs for BASIC EDUCATION. They even provide ONE-ON-ONE tutoring some of our communities (Oliver, Osoyoos, OKFalls). You can take a skills assessment ONLINE. Here is the link with the information:
1. South Okanagan Immigrant and Community Services
- Classes in English language ore ongoing. All classes are in the morning from Monday to Friday and run for 2 hours. Depending on current level of English ability, other classes may be available.
- Services are offered in Oliver, Osoyoos, Keremeos Penticton and Princeton
- Services to all areas are accessed by calling 250-492-6299 to set up a time to register and have any questions answered.
- Support is available for writing and speaking.
- There are no costs associated with this program
CONTACT: Phone: 250-492-6299
2. Okanagan College - Dept. of English
The Community Adult Literacy Program (CALP) is offered in the 3 centres ( Oliver,Osoyoos,Keremeos).
It is a free service that includes help with reading, writing and speaking. Students must be 18 years or older.
CONTACT: Phone: 250-492-4305 (Penticton)
3. OneSky Community Resources
Tuition-free programs are available for adults (19 years and older) who wish to improve their basic reading, writing, oral language skills and/or basic math skills.
Tutoring programs are individually planned and are based on each student’s needs, interests and personal goals. Trained volunteer tutors work one-to-one with students. Intake for students and tutors is continuous.
Classroom programs are available for English and Math upgrading. Adult Basic Education provides the adult learner with the opportunity to complete various levels of study, ranging from basic literacy to adult graduation.
CONTACT: PHONE: Oliver Osoyoos 250-4304 Ext 3230
4. OLBOSA - FREE ONLINE Assessment - English
This site provides a FREE online assessment of your English skills with a focus being the workplace. THIS IS NOT for CREDIT but only is for your OWN benefit!
Math - Updating your Skills
Khan Academy is FREE! I have created some course paths inside of Khan Academy for you to review your skills when preparing for a math course. Make sure you choose the RIGHT PATH BELOW.
Basic Math Review for WPM11
Course Code: X8Y4X8
Preparing for Pre-Calc 11/12 or Foundations of Math 11
Course Code: FEQ6BUF6
GENERAL LEARNING RESOURCES
Okanagan College has a web page which is full of great ONLINE learning resources. The link is below. Scroll down the page until you find the "Get help with these subjects" section.